So today's the day that all you PS4 fans have been waiting for. The 2.50 software update. Meet Yukimura.
Following the update you'll now be able to easily resume playing your game where you left off from, find and connect with friends quicker customise your experience even further and have an easier way to share your most awesomest moments in a more meaningful way.
Now what is Yukimura you ask? Well, let us explain. Remember how every time you play on your PS4, you can't just pick up where you left off? That is Yukimura*.
Excited yet? We definitely are! The new features include:
- Suspend/Resume — Supported by nearly all PS4 games (but not the whole range), you can now jump in and out of games with just the press of the PS button. Just switch from Rest Mode and you can carry on gaming. Convenient right?!
- Back-Up & Restore HDD to USB — Back-up and restore your hard drive data associated with users on the PS4 including: settings, saved data, screenshots, video clips, games, patches and download data. All of this to and from an external USB drive.
- Find and Connect with Friends — Yukimura adds to an already available incredible set of social tools, however it now brings several updates to continue making PS4 the best place to play with your friends, including:
- Facebook Friend Finder — Using your linked account, you can now expand your gaming network by searching and connecting with your Facebook friends instantly.
- Improved Friend requests — Friend requests and Real Name requests can be sent together in one step when adding a friend.
- Streamlined Party process — The process to create a Party has been streamlined to have a reduction in the number of steps required.
- Find Friends who play the same games & join them — Easily view what friends are playing on each game detail page with a real-time “Friends Who Play This” section, which also highlights which friends are currently online and playing it, and if you own the game, you can jump directly into the game!
- Share Earned Trophies and Optimize Your Trophy List — Trophies mean a lot. Especially for you gamers, so Yukimura has brought about a way to showcase them even more:
- Automatic Trophy Screenshots — A screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned
- SHARE Trophies — You can now share Trophy information and wins to Facebook, Twitter or via Message by pressing SHARE
- Additional Trophy sorting options — Sort your Trophy list by Earned Date, Not Earned and Grade.
- Delete 0% Trophies — Remove games from your Trophy list that have 0% completion
Improved & Expanded Accessibility Options — New options added to customize experience include:
- Customized button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.
- Zoom for displayed pictures and inverted colours for all system functions, apps and in-game.
- Text-to-speech is available only for Message and Party, and is only performed in English
- Enlarged text for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party, as well as system browser.
- Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI for all system applications (but will not apply to games or third-party applications).
- Remote Play and Share Play — For games that support 60 fps, users will be able to automatically enjoy those games with 60 fps for both Remote Play and Share Play on supported devices.
- Automatic Installation for System Software Updates — Enable automatic installation for future system software updates.
- Sub-Account Upgrade — Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PS4, removing restrictions on chat and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet, purchase content and more.
- Verified Accounts — Select game developers, producers, designers and community managers will be verified with a badge.
- Dailymotion — Upload video clips directly to Dailymotion via the SHARE button.
PlayStation Vita and PlayStation App for smartphones and tablets will also receive system software updates tonight, adding complementary features to those added to PS4. PS Vita update version 3.50 and PlayStation App update version 2.50 will add new accessibility options, including enlarged text, increased contrast and more.
Sony users can be expecting a lot more upgrades in this coming year with the launch of the Xperia Z4 tablet and *fingers crossed* the Z4 smartphone later in 2015.
So again - who's excited?!
*Disclaimer - be sure to let your teachers/lecturers/employers know of your absence to indulge in Yuki over the next few days!